LOVI comb is a gua sha classic. Suitable for the whole body from head to toe, it makes for a great general wellness tool. The U-shaped end with a notch follows the natural contours of your jawline, cheekbones and front and back of the neck, while the long side works well for the décolletage, face and your entire body. Combing the skin and especially the scalp feels divine. It releases tension and stress like magic.
In Finnish, LOVI means ‘notch’ but more importantly, it’s an ancient word for deep trance. In the old days, Lovi used to be a rare state of mind, achieved only with the help of a shaman. Nowadays we recommend it as a daily self-care nirvana.
Facial gua sha brings immediately spa-like, visible results to your skincare. It shouldn’t result in red marks, although some redness can occur momentarily during treatment.
- boosts skin circulation–> oxidized blood travels up to the surface layers of the skin to nourish tissues and skin cells –> faster skin renewal
- invigorates lymph fluid circulation –> removes puffiness on the face and under the eyes
- brightens and ”opens up” the eyes
- can reduce impurities
- can fade pigment spots
- improves collagen and elastin production
- fades fine lines and wrinkles and tightens saggy tissue
- the features of the cheeks and jawline become more sculpted
- improves absorption of skincare products into skin
Do the gua sha at the end of your normal skin care regimen.
Hydrate the skin with an essence or toner and apply oil.
You can also use your regular serum and moisturizer before applying oil.
Use a body oil when treating the body.
After use, clean the tool with soap and water and dry carefully. Disinfect the tool if treating someone else.
Please note facial gua sha is not recommended if you have:
- damaged or infected skin (e.g. cystic acne)
- rosacea, acne or perioral dermatitis (areas of the afore-mentioned symptoms should be left untreated, but you can treat skin below and around)
- fillers or Botox have been applied to the skin in the last three months
- aneurysm, thrombosis or advanced arteriosclerosis
- active cancer
The origins of all of the stone used in Yin Your Skin® gua sha tools is in China. The jade is 100 % Xiuyan-jade from the city of Xiuyan As the tools are made from natural stone, each tool is unique and may vary in colour.